Action Plan 2012 - Day 20 (Journal Entry)

6:42 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

I decided to try out this cleanse for a few reasons. I wrote them down on day one.


These were my top five reasons.

1. I want to feel in control of my health and wellness. Over the holidays I paid less attention to what I was eating and my workouts and body suffered.

2. This dreary winter weather with no races until spring bores me to tears! I need a challenge!

3. I want to learn more about my body. What can I handle? What foods make me feel good and what have I been eating that sucks my energy and leaves me wanting? I've been feeling cranky and sleepy after meals more that I used to.

4. I want to feel lighter, looser, more flexible.

5. I want to feel and look my best for our trip to Hawaii in February!




As the three week project wraps up I sat down to review my mission.

1. I totally did this! When your body says "Hey! Pay attention!" it's best to listen. This cleanse was all about the veggies and I'm happy to report I already eat a ton of them but my cooking techniques are pretty bland, steam, stew, saute and stir-fry. I learned a few new way to make veggie dishes taste and look delicious enough to serve as a main meal.

2. A need for new workouts and rejuvination lead me to sign up for an intro month of Bikram yoga. Hot, sweaty and totally hooked! I've been seven times since starting the cleanse and plan to sign up for another month. On that mat and in those mirrors I see a body I didn't know existed.

3. See above. Checking in with my doctor shed some light on how I've been feeling. A few tweaks to my routine and supplementing where I need too I can feel the fog lifting.

4. Still can't touch my toes but I do a killer backbend!

5. Almost all packed and ready to go. Photos coming soon!!

0 comments: