Sloppy Joes! Seriously.

11:54 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 1 Comments


NO WAY! Not from a can! This is as simple to make and so much better tasting and WAY better for you! Enjoy - with a few napkins!



Last minute dinner company called for quick thinking and a freezer sweep. My 'eat more meat' mission meant I had some delicious Piedmont beef and organic turkey on hand. Hmmm, what to do? what to do? Sloppy Joes!!! I can't remember the last time I had one. Man, are they yummy! Here's what I did to make sure these babies were healthy and tasty...

Ingredients:

1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup zuccini
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons raw brown sugar
dash of worchester sauce
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Directions:

These are underestimated amounts. I don't often measure spices. I just toss them in until I think I've got enough. True, I can go overboard. Hence, the measly amounts listed. Do what you want:)

In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and turkey, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.

Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, worchester sauce and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

I served the two boys joes stacked high on soft Hawaiian rolls with a side of peas and carrots. I ate mine on a bed of spinach with lots of veggies.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 188 | Total Fat: 9.3g | Cholesterol: 50mg

1 comment: