Thursday Thoughts Ed. 104 - Play hard, eat well, rest up.

7:42 PM Remy 0 Comments

I hope this message finds you all enjoying the last few days of August. 

I am always excited about the start of a new month. I relish any chance to realign, rebalance, prioritize and move forward. Truly, it feels like we should do this every morning. Days will go by before I realize I have become distracted, that I've let my healthy habits, getting plenty of sleep, drinking lots of water, eating smartly, slip and bad habits have found their way back. 

Today was one of those days. 

The 5am alarm felt cruel. Dehydrated and crunchy from a late dinner with friends, worn out after a weekend of long hot workouts - I was a sorry mess of sore muscles and a troubled tummy. Not 10 minutes into my weekly track workout my coach gave me a pat on the back and sent me home and back to bed. 

I spent much of the day feeling pretty down on myself. I know better! 

But, I also made a point to look past this crappy moment, see the bigger picture and take the time I needed to recover and regroup. 

My afternoon was spent talking to a group of amazing young people about what healthy eating means to them and how to make nutritious food a part of their lives. It was awesome to see their excitement and willingness to change long standing habits that might not be the healthiest and try to discover ways to make new habits that will make them feel strong and vibrant.

We can start now. The point is to keep trying. Keep starting. Even if you do it over and over and over again. 

Take some time to ask yourself what being healthy means to you. How many of those things are part of your life right now?  What can you do to make your definition your reality? Try today. Try tomorrow. Just keep trying. 

Need some help? I've got your back:-) Come see me next week at NW Women's Fitness Club - I have Tuesday evening time slots available for personal training or nutrition coaching as well as Wednesday and Friday mornings.remy@nwwomensfitness.com, or reply to this email to book appointments. 

Phone and Email consultations are great ways to hash out goals and make plans.

There are two new posts at Manifest the Best!! And I'm also in the middle of a website overhaul. Excuse the construction. It's gonna be good! 

Get strong from the inside out with Beyond Planks
and fill your tummy with BBQ Chicken and Peaches!

Play hard, eat well, rest up!

0 comments: