Sick Day

4:41 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 1 Comments

I'm not typically someone who dislikes Mondays. In fact, my Mondays are pretty great. I get to sleep in until 6:30 or 7am and my schedule is jam packed with some of my favorite clients. After lunch and a sweet afternoon nap I get to teach an hour long cycle class, "Happy Hour!" to a room full of awesome women who want to work hard. Coming home on Monday evenings I'm always smiling through the door and happy and ready to eat dinner and relax. I quite like Mondays.

This particular Monday morning, I woke up, unless I was up all night, with a case of the gross. The itchy throat started a few days ago but I was certain the crisp Bend air, a couple competitive cyclocross races and handfuls of Halloween candy would fix me right up! Not the case. My head feels heavier than yesterday when I was wearing a nappy brown wig and cycle cap under my bike helmet! (Pictures soon) There are tissues littering the path from my bed to the bathroom. My breath is dragon-like.

I can count the days I've called in sick to work on one hand. Being sick is not something I handle well. I cough, I whine, I sniffle and I complain. Andrew took one look at me this morning and prescribed a day at home, in bed. At the time, nothing sounded better. Yuck. No one wants my snotty, grimmey, germy self in their personal space.

It is now 4pm. I have watched the morning news and had coffee, watched the afternoon news, been to the store to buy chicken broth, eaten the broth, and some scrambled eggs. Hot. Soft. Good. After that adventure I headed back under the covers and woke up drenched in sweat with a temperature of 99.9. Good job body! Let's get these germs outta here! Feeling much better after a warm shower I set down to make a do to list. "Things to do..." then my pen ran out of ink.

With no energy to clean or will to iron, sitting on the couch seems fine. For a minute. I do not stay put very well. Managing to chop up some herbs I actually accomplished one mighty chore -- I stuck a chicken in the oven! And when it was done, I ate the chicken. "Feed a cold," right?! Don't worry Andrew I left you the dark meat.

Well now what?

A whole day to myself.  I can't run, or teach spin, or lift weights. I tried to do push-ups. Collapse.

Lot's I could do. Catch up on important reading. Write my 5 year plan. Write my weekly plan. Finally write a 'real' blog post.

O.K. Fine.

Now what?






1 comment:

  1. In the summer, I’m always outside — cycling, running and hiking — but as the weather gets a little colder and the nights a little darker, I find I spend a lot less time outdoors.

    Although I still get outdoors to run (because I have the right gear!), during the fall and winter months I like to start taking more indoor classes, using my indoor rock climbing membership at The Source rock climbing gym more and ramp up my weight training.


    Her Website - http://www.ac360personaltraining.com

    ReplyDelete