What to eat when its too hot to eat!

3:24 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Ok, I've personally never felt that way -- that it's just too hot outside to even eat. But, I have been feeling sticky icky these past few days of near 100 degree temps and my usual meals just don't appeal. Here are a few things to try when you are tired of grilled chicken and your appetite is over heated.

1. WATERMELON: I have been loving coming home from a run and slicing up a few sweet slices. It's  totally hydrating and give you a little carb reboost after a sweaty workout. Try cubing a fresh melon and tossing it in a bowl with feta cheese, mint sprigs, and some balsamic vinegar. Perfect summer salad.

2. HARD BOILED EGGS: I eat an egg nearly every morning. Scrambling them as I usually do is less yummy right now then a chilled protein packed ready to go hard boiled one with salt and pepper. Easy peesy!

3. SUSHI: Easy to buy, easy to eat and just as easy to make. Pick up some rice paper, avocado, bibb lettuce, cukes and carrots at the store. Roll those suckers up and dip in a little peanut sauce for a simple meal or snack. Add tofu, shrimp or crab to get your lean protein.

4. SMOOTHIES: Kinda like ice cream! Whip up a delicious frosty treat with bananas, fresh berries and fruits, almond milk and ice. Smoothies pack a ton of nutrition in one ready to go cup. Add spinach, avocado, chia or nut butter to kick it up a notch.

5. ICE CREAM: Duh.

Come see me NEXT week at NW Women's Fitness! OPEN SLOTS on...
TUESDAY 7/15 @ 5:30pm
WEDNESDAY 7/16 @ 6am and 12pm

EMAIL me to set up ONE-on-ONE Nutrition Assessments and Success Planning. Whether you live here in Portland or ANYWHERE -- I am here to help!

remymaguire@gmail.com



0 comments: