WLAG's.

7:27 PM Remy 0 Comments


Here's something I read this week that really got me thinking. Setting daily goals is a smart way to make sure you check the priorities off your to-do list. Somedays it all gets done, somedays it doesn't.    For example, when you set a goal to get to the gym and don't make it, it's very easy to call that day a wash. Instead, take a moment to review all the things you DID get done. And then take a moment to ask yourself what you can do to make sure you take care of your health and fitness today and everyday.  Reading this email from Todd Durkin, a fitness pro I think is just awesome, and love getting a chance to see speak -- got me thinking about a different way to approach goals, successes and obstacles that I feel could be a practice worth trying. I scheduled 30 mins on Sunday night after dinner to do my WLAG's. 


From: Todd Durkin <durkin@fitnessquest10.com>
Subject: I do this EVERY Sunday

Good morning. Happy Sunday.

I love Sundays. Church. Family time. Football.

And I get to plan out my entire week.

At my recent 3.5 Day Mentorship, I shared “18 Things I’m Doing Really Well Right Now.

It is these ‘best practices’ that ultimately allow for maximum productivity and personal productivity.  

I would like to share 1 of my 18 today because I do this one EVERY Sunday without fail. And I share it with my Fitness Quest 10 leadership team and my “power of 10” Mastermind team every week.

Here is one of the 18 things I do:

I do my “W.L.A.G.’s” every Sunday! And they help me plan my week. And be more efficient with my time and energy. All-in-all, it probably takes me about 20-30 minutes to complete.

WLAG’s stands for:

Wins” of the past week. 
Losses” of the past week. 
Aha” moments from the past week. 
Goals” of the upcoming week.

Wins and losses from the past week allow me to pause and reflect for a few minutes on what I accomplished or didn’t accomplish. It puts me in a more reflective and present state of mind versus always just thinking “what’s next?”

Ahas” simply allow me to go a step deeper and think about any/all moments from the previous week that made me stop in my tracks or made me catch my breath.

For example, my “ahas” from this past week are:
  • So proud of Brady. I loved seeing him up in front of his school doing his speech Friday.” Brady is my 9-year old son who is running for Student Council at his elementary school and he was nervous as heck to do it. And he crushed it!
  • Loved going back to my graduate university (San Diego State University)  this past Tuesday and speaking to about 150 undergraduate students on ‘entrepreneurism.’ And I loved seeing the light bulbs go off in these young students eyes and giving them hope and conviction that anything is possible if you have massive courage, crazy work ethic, and undeniable belief.

And finally, I write out my GOALS for the upcoming week. “Goals” are simply what I WILL accomplish in the next 7 days. While I typically put down 15-20 things on that “To Do” list for the week, I narrow it to a BIG 5 for the week. These are the 5 things that MUST get done this week come hell or high water.

Planning your week is vitally important and will set you up for successful days and a successful week. And I believe that a successful week starts BEFORE the week actually starts.

Take a few minutes out of your Sunday today and do some “WLAG’s.” And if you would like to share them with someone on your team or in your family, it makes it even that much more powerful.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Todd
 

0 comments: