R and R

8:22 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Life has been busy! And I only hope it gets busier. I can't complain one bit about the amount of work I have or how many things I have to do in a day. I am truly grateful! However, too much, too often can wreak havoc on a person. From mood to performance, lack of down time can ruin a good thing. Work, family, school, even gym time can eat the day away and leave you with little time for rest and rejuvenation. Going, going, going without stopping to rest can leave you at risk for illness, injury or just plain crankiness. I must admit I was headed down that way myself. Halfway through last week I hit the old wall, so to speak, and struggled to find enough energy to get through the day. In my profession that is no way to work. Impossible, really, I work as a motivator and a mover --not a moper!

Luckily, I had an open weekend and was able to schedule a well-needed break. We didn't have to go far to find the kind of R and R that was needed. We left Friday after work and drove toward Mt. Hood. The sky was bright and blue. When we pulled up in front of the log cabin I finally let out my breath and heaved a sigh of relief. The roaring fireplace, the scent of the forest, the quiet of the night, that was what my soul had been waiting for.

Now I am back home on Sunday evening with pebbles in my shoes, dirt on my stoop and serenity that will last. I am ready for the week. I am ready for the Spring. I am ready for what ever the world has to bring.

Take the time you need to rest. Remember to fill up your reserves as often as you can. Running on fumes can lead to an unexpected breakdown. It's better to take a pit stop here and there than for some routine maintence than to trudge disgracefully home.

0 comments: