Real men don't eat quiche

8:19 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments


This recipe is really, um, loose. My friend and co-worker Alissa gave me this recipe idea and I love it! You can basically just toss in whatever you want! I decided to make mine meatless this time. I served this dish for dinner with a side salad of baby greens, sliced apricots (so good right now), fresh picked (on our last bike ride) blackberries, and a store bought all-natural pear gorganzola dressing.

Here's the dish....Makes 4 servings.

Wash and slice thin, about 1/4 inch thick 2 small sweet potatoes, or 1 large one.

Bake these on a cookie sheet at 425 degrees for 7-10 minutes on each side.

Meanwhile, saute your favorite veggies in a skillet on med-high. I used a bunch of garlic and italian spices with broccoli florets, frozen spinach, zucchini, onion and mushrooms. Not need to add extra liquid as the frozen spinach will make enough to keep the mixture moist. You may need to drain the veggies if it looks too watery.

I used four eggs and a small container of egg whites to make four good sized servings. Wisk the eggs with salt and pepper and spices to taste.

Next, layer the bottom of a baking dish with the sweet potatoes. Cover them with a layer of veggies. Pour in some eggs. Then more veggies, more eggs, until the dish is nearly full. If you're into cheese I recommend putting a slice or two of swiss cheese on top half way through baking.

Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until eggs are solid. I made this dish ahead of time and chilled in until dinner. Just pop it back in the oven to warm slightly before serving.

Awesome! Chardonnay would go nicely here:)

Enjoy!

0 comments: