December where have you gone?

10:11 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

My "recovery" period went by far too quickly. I'm not entirely sure what happened this month! I remember 'cross season ending a few weeks ago and there's a lit-up tree in my living room. I suppose it must be the Holidays. I am reluctant to admit that the Season's magic and merriment took a bit more searching for this year. I love the Fall and Winter months. I love cooking big meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am made giddy by the twinkly lights on neighbors homes illuminating my evening walks. I love buying and wrapping gifts. And I really love opening them on Christmas morning. The emotions that hum through these shorter days and darker nights is extraordinary. People everywhere seem to be turning inward, not just to hide out from the chilling winds but to take a real good look around. What's in here? What's all this clutter? What happened this year!? It seems difficult to find time enough to answer these questions when we are running around doing errands, finishing year end tasks, visiting friends and family, and all before the sun goes down at six! My hope is that as the year closes we all find a few moments, maybe more to reflect and calm down before the new one begins. I can't seem to find the time right now but I'm going to try and schedule it in!

0 comments: