Slow Start....

8:47 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Having a tough time getting back into the swing of things! I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged. Forgive me. So far 2011 has been somewhat out-of the ordinary. We spent the New Years weekend in a huge Gov't Camp rental house with 23 of our closest college friends. I can't think of a better way to launch the year! It was right back to work on Monday with what felt like no rest since November. Go, go, go. Andrew unexpectedly flew home to TN this week and left me a bachelorette for a few days. I missed him very much but found both relief and comfort having time to slow down and catch up on sleep, reading, and "me time".

As far as the workout routine goes this has also started slowly in January. But, I often tell clients that slow and steady is the best pace of action if you intend to stick to it. So, I've gotten up off my Holiday-loving hind quarters and hit the gym! I'm focusing this month and next on strength training and stretching. I'm hoping to even out my body after a seriously cycle-specific season.

I know in my heart and lungs that I've got to get back out of the sidewalk or the treadmill for some good ol'running. But, shoot, can I put it off until Spring?!! No, I can't. But, how about next week?

0 comments: