'Tis the Season

9:51 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments



Happy Thursday Everyone,

There is so much going on this time of year! Everyone is busy and buzzing around. Parties, shopping, work, working out, eating, sleeping and trying to do it all as cheerfully as possible. Good luck to all of us.

I enjoy this time of year. I love the festive feeling. Give me a reason to celebrate and I’m all about it! Last night we had a little dinner get-together at our place. My cousin brought me a lovely holiday bouquet that is really the first (and only) decoration we’ve got so far. Looks like I’ll finally have some free time this weekend to decorate and hit the stores to start checking things off my list of gifts to give this year. But, first, I’ve got to make my list! This is really the toughest part. There isn’t a single person on my list for whom a stocking stuffed with gum and Mad-Libs or a Pillow Pet would be appropriate. We get so complicated when we realize Santa can use a credit card.

I’d like to take a second to ponder and reflect on all of this gifting stuff. I’ve talked to lots of clients about what they want to receive this year and what they plan to give (trying to get some good ideas myself). A few have admitted that at their house “no one is getting gifts this year!” I can understand cutting back on crazy, debt inducing giving and refraining from overloading ourselves with more needless stuff. However, I want presents! I do! I remember how thrilling it was to sit on the floor in a pile of ribbon and paper admiring the new glittery sweater and just perfect cordoroy skirt I was going to rock when I went back to school. The gifts I got at Christmas and the dawn of a new year gave me a glorious feeling of reinvention and opportunity.

Giving gifts is a chance to show your favorite people that not only do you love them, but you also listen them and know what they like, who they are and who they want to be. The key is to spend some time thinking about the person you are giving to. Picking out just the right little something makes both parties feel special. Sure I’ll probably mention to my Mom that I’d love a new handbag and I might even email her a picture. No matter what I’ll be thrilled with her gift because I know it thrilled her to give it to me.

Doing what I do, I find gift-giving holidays and events a perfect opportunity to share my love of exercise and fitness. Hey, I’m not suggesting you “need” to workout, but really, everyone does. We should all try to support each other in our healthy endevours. Exercise, just like gift-giving make us feel great!

Here are some ideas that I hope will help you get into the season of sharing, give you more time to relax and enjoy the good vibes and maybe more time to shop for yourselfJ

All of these in italics can be purchased at Northwest Women’s Fitness Club. Come for you workout and fill up your sleigh while you’re at it!

For the Spin Class Enthusiast:
Polar Heart-rate Monitor from $99 - $179 Sexy in red and hot in bright orange! I couldn't live without my pink one.
A wicked cute water bottle. $12 - $20 BPA free at Klean Kanteen and Sigg
Monogrammed sweat towel. Cool! Check out L.L. Bean’s for $19.95

For the Traveler:
Smart Toners $13.99 With varying resistance these light weight bands give a big workout in a small space.

For the Reader:
A colored edition of ‘Strength Training Anatomy’ by Frederic Devaliar. Fitness geeks will love this one. Look for it at Powell’s first. $15
Sherri McMillan’s Go For Fit and Fit Over 40. Full of amazing information based on years of experience and proven results. $15.95

For the Runner, Walker, Yogi or stressed out friend:

ID Band – there are ankle, wrist and necklace versions. $12
Gloves with touch pads to use phones and text without getting chilly fingers. I found the coolest purple ones at Zappo’s for $33 (Hi Andrew!)
Foam Roller $21.99 -$31.95

For the Newbie:

10 for $10 punch card! Wow! 10 visits to the club, exercise room, classes, sauna, all of it for $1 a visit. Bet she’ll be hooked!

For Anyone (including you):
A specifically designed workout by a professional trainer. Only $60 an hour!
Relaxing, essential, rejuvinating massage. Only $50 an hour.
A fruit basket! Seriously, they are so pretty and so practical!

Giving the gift of health and fitness says I love you. Especially when paired with a small box of dark chocolate truffles, wink, wink.



*NEW* on Facebook: Check out Manifest the Best here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manifest-the-Best/225945900811424 and LIKE it to see updates and make me feel special.
--

0 comments: