Personal Project - Healthy Cleanse

11:28 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

When I read the words detox or cleanse my eyes usually roll. I've never been much for wacky tactics at weight loss or health. And that's how I've always felt about things like this. There are o short-cuts and quick fix tactic backfire. Truth is I've never, ever, been able to stick to something so rigid and restricting. That's just not my nature! I love wine, chocolate, and coffee (often on the detox do-not-have list) and my will power can easily be swayed by simple enjoyment. Life is short, eat dessert first, right?! Ok, those of you who know me also know that's hardly my motto. Searching for the best, most fun, effective and yummiest ways to get and keep a lean, strong, sexy body is what I do. I love feeling connected to my body and seriously involved in my existence. For years I lived just outside those places. I was less healthy and a little lost. Now it is my mission to live a fit, happy life and share the hows and whys with as many people as I can reach.

Thus, after feeling a familiar disconnect and discontent after the new year I went looking for a challenge.

One of my favorite fellow bloggers Sarah Britton was asked to provide her awesome healthy,veggie based recipes for Martha Stewart's 2012 Whole Living Action Plan. Loving her blog and healthy outlook on food, my eyes, ears and stomach were open to learning more.

http://www.wholeliving.com/153124/how-2012-challenge-works/@center/152870/2012-whole-living-action-plan

The plan seemed totally reasonable, do-able and kind of fun. So, on Sunday, January 15th, I began my own journey. Vowing to complete the 21 day cleanse with only the slightest 'variations' along the way. I don't like cheaters:)

Follow me and come along. Here's to self-discovery!

0 comments: