Blue Lake Tri -- 1st race of the season.

10:04 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

What a team! Angela looks just a smidge nervous. Julie looks thrilled and I'm trying to figure out how I feel. Looks like the start to a great race day.
I didn't get a chance to scope out the swim course before race morning. I have a tendency to get lost despite all the signs, arrows, pointing people and fairly obvious mapping. My mind gets all caught up in moving fast that I can sometimes run off in funny directions. Luckily the swim course is marked by gigantic red floating bouys.
One of my smoother transitions. I hear Andrew's voice in my head, "Slow, steady, calm."
You can make or break a race taking off your wet suit and getting ready to ride. I've found that the best way to get my shoes on without freaking out or falling over is to just sit my butt down on the ground. 
The 5k run started wobbly as usual. A pain in my tummy held my attention for the first mile or so. Digging in to my bag of mental tricks I asked myself, "What hurts right now? Is it your legs? No? Then shut up and keep running." Next time I checked in with my body the cramps were gone. 

All smiles now! Wanna do it again, ladies? 

0 comments: