Thursday Thoughts Ed. 98 - News, Recipes and Tips

8:33 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Happy Thursday Readers,

I hope this message finds you all doing well.  Better than well even. 

There are so many components to our lives, our weeks, our days it can be easy to drop a few balls juggling the rest. We have work, family, friends, exercise, food choices, house keeping, having fun, getting rest.....and much more than I can list here to think about every day. Amazing we get through it all! 

When working with clients and planning my own life, I try to pick just a few things to tackle that won't overwhelm and cause the rest to fall behind. 

For me, this week's focus was on making smart dinner choices while my husband was traveling. During his last week away, well, there were some indiscretions. I also wanted to be sure to connect and reconnect with friends and family. It's easy to let relationships coast along without tending, but I want them to grow, and that takes attention. So this week I wanted to help them blossom.

What I didn't worry about was doing the laundry or taking out the trash. That's just to much! Sorry, A. Welcome home!

So for this week's post I want to give you a few ideas to incorporate into your healthy week. I've got a yummy stuffed chicken and 'shroom dinner, a fun new exercise and a tip to think about when you make lunch choices.

NUTRITION TIP: Beans! Eat 'em. I'm always advocating for more lean protein in our diets and beans are an invaluable source of a plant-based lean protein - BONUS! Black beans are full of antioxidants and eating them regularly has been shown to help reduce type 2 diabetes, heart disease and certain types of cancer. They are also super helpful to our colon and digestive health. The best way to make them is to soak dry beans over night in water and drain before cooking. I love to add black beans to tacos, salads, even scrambled eggs.

EXERCISE OF THE WEEK: Clamshell Crunch with Stability Ball I've added this to my new routine and love the challenge. Try without the ball first and then progress to a weighted ball, ooooooh. 

RECIPE OF THE WEEK: 
​Super easy recipe. Make a pocket in the chicken breasts with a sharp knife, shove in the tomato, spinach and cheese. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 mins. Clean the mushrooms and remove some of the inside soft parts, shave some parm or add crumbled feta, a tablespoon of pico and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook this in oven for last 10 mins. Summer eating!

AVAILABLE SESSIONS: Come see me next week for personal training or nutrition coaching. ANYONE can see me at NW Women's Fitness Club, MEN and WOMEN, Members and NON-Members. Training sessions on SALE for the month of May! $60 for an hour!$15 OFF! 

Session are filling up fast. Shoot me an email or give me a ring and I'll get you in! 

Tuesday - 4pm - 5pm
Wednesday - 11am - 11:30am, 12pm-12:30pm 
Thursday - 4pm-6pm

0 comments: