Eat like a trainer

5:07 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

I have been writing a lot about diet and nutrition lately and have had clients asking how I really eat. Do I practice what I preach? I sure do. But, more accurately - I preach what I practice. It has taken me years to figure out how best to feed my body to operate at its prime - to maintain my weight, to keep the mean-hungries at bay, to fuel vigorous workout and well, enjoy myself!

I eat many of the same foods every day. It's easy to shop and simple to prepare and plan - very little thinking involved. I eat a HUGE breakfast. I eat every 3-4 hours. I treat myself to a little chocolate almost every day. I look at menus online before going to a new restaurant to pick healthy options and decide where to "splurge". I write everything down.

Here's a typical day...

5am (Snack #1) Coffee and half of a large organic apple

8am (Breakfast) 2 pieces of Whole grain, high fiber toast. I smear 1 slice with 1 tablespoon low-sugar nut butter and have the other apple half sliced on top. I cook one egg with olive-oil spray until the yolk is almost hard - I like the runny parts:) and slide it on top of the other toast slice with a slice of ripe tomato. More coffee! My mother loves to tell people...."You wouldn't believe what she eats for breakfast!"

12pm (Post-exercise snack) 10 baby carrots and 10 pretzels

2pm (Lunch) A huge green salad with lots of veggies - cukes, shrooms, celery and onion dressed with a light balsamic vinagrette. A veggie burger with all the trimmings on an toasted english muffin.

7pm (Dinner) This meal always varies because my dear husband would be sick of the same thing all the time!! We love to come up with yummy dinner ideas and sit down and eat together and catch each other up on our days. Tonight we are having home made pizza! I love a high fiber thin crust topped with fresh sliced tomatos, spinach, mushrooms and a few special treats from the grocery olive bar like crunchy garlic cloves,sweet peppadew peppers, a couple kalamata olives and a crumpling of low-fat feta.

9pm (Evening Snack) Either a glass of red wine or bite sized peanut butter cup.

Yum! All this writing about food is making my hungry!

0 comments: