Help for the Holidays

8:45 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

I can't believe it! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! This really is a special time of year. No doubt about it the Holiday season creates a palpable zing in the air. We've all got our own things going on, families, festivities, memories and traditions. But don't forget we are all in this together - holiday hang-ups and all! The holidays sure can pack a whollup of parties and food and travel and other derailers of our fitness routines. Over the next few weeks I'll try to give you some tips, tricks, recipes and more ways to feel and look your best this season of sausages wrapped in bacon dipped in cheese served with pie. (Oh yeah and Egg Nog)

First thing to do, and most importantly, is to make a plan. Do it now. Once you get an idea of your travel plans and party attendances and days off work put it all in your day planner. Now just like you would these things put your workouts in there too. Try to squeeze in exercise everyday, even if it's just for 10 minutes in the morning, 10 minutes at lunch and a DVD before dinner. Every little bit counts, especially now. If you keep up with your workouts you won't have to face "getting back into it" after the New Year. I've got a long run planned the day before Thanksgiving, a short jog the morning of, and a date at the gym to strength train the day after. These "dates" are as important to me as they are to my loved ones. If I go too long with out working up a sweat I can get a little grumpy:) And if I plan my workouts then I just act like it's anything else I've got to do during the day - no excuses needed. My family should be Thankful too:)

0 comments: