Let's talk: Left-Overs

1:30 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Well, how did the holiday go for you??

Here in TN the turkey turned out perfectly after the traditional scare it wouldn't be done, or that it might be over-done. Everything got to the table about the same time. And it was delicious as always. I can hardly believe how much time goes into planning, cooking and preparing and how quickly we finish the meal! Luckily, being in the kitchen with family is the really fun part of dinner. Everyone was happily stuffed like the bird when we pushed away from the table. Done! I couldn't eat a bite more! (Well, unless it's covered in whipped cream) It's easy to over do things when you've saved up for the meal all morning long. Hey, it's okay, we all deserve a day of indulgence.

It's the day after that can cause all the trouble. Half that bird is still in the fridge and the casserole tastes so good the second time around. The holiday (feast) is supposed to be the one day - not all week:)

Here's my tactic for today. Getting back to my daily breakfast routine I made toast with one "fried" egg and a sweet tart green apple. Since we're traveling all day tomorrow I made sure to have a big glass of water before and after morning coffee. I've fixed a good-sized plate with all of my Thanksgiving favorites, sliced turkey breast, green beans, a little cranberry sauce and some baked sweet potato. Instead of mindless picking through the containers of left-overs in the fridge, I'm going to enjoy the plate I've made for lunch and dinner with a fresh side salad. You could make several small servings and freeze them for quick go-to heat and eat meals. Or brown bag lunches for the week. What will you do to stay on track if the holidays tend to derail your healthy efforts? How do you plan to keep fit through these busy festive months?


0 comments: