Baby Carrots

3:00 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

I'm a huge fan of dangling carrots. A little something just ahead to keep me going. It doesn't have to be a big carrot - a baby carrot will do! These little rewards keep me motivated during the week - especially those tough ones that feel like they'll never end. I sit down with my day planner on Sunday evening and fill in my week - clients, meetings, workouts, meal menus and fun stuff. Tonight, after a super long work day I am looking forward to homemade pizza and my favorite t.v show. Alas, it's a repeat. So, another baby carrot, please. What gets you excited, puts a smile on your face when you think about it - even if you're sitting in an excruciating traffic jam? I love thinking about, planning and cooking new healthy recipes. This week I am really looking forward to trying another crock pot creation. We've done variations on this theme before but there is still room for improvement. Try adding shredded white cabbage,diced yukon potatoes, sliced onions, a bag of sauerkraut and chopped chicken sausage to the pot with low-sodium chicken broth to simmer. This time I'm going all one color as A. has requested (no purple cabbage, red onions or red potatoes). I love these flavors with a bit of spice, chili, cumin, cloves and then slices of granny smith apple to mellow the heat. So, this is my Tuesday cooking project! Have fun with your food; go all one color this like or try putting together as many colors as you can! After a busy work week there's a bigger carrot waiting for me on Saturday when we travel to Hood River to visit with friends. Heck, I like to reward myself everyday. If I've done my workout as planned and I've avoided the cupcakes in the office I know there are a couple mini peanut butter cups chilling in the fridge (right next to the carrots). How to you make every day a good one?

0 comments: