Day Three

11:20 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Stickin' to it! Really this "detox" is just good eating, minus a few indulgences. What I'm noticing though is that I'm eating a lot of the same foods. A can of black beans lasts a few days, one package of tofu feeds me for a week and I can only afford so many nuts and berries. So, Wednesday's meals are just about the same as Monday and Tuesdays.

7am: 1/2 apple with a handful of fresh berries and tablespoon of crushed walnuts, 1/2 tbsp. of flax seed and a slice of leftover quiche. I ate this between clients at work with a cup of green tea.

10am: I rode my bike home to make a quick smoothie. I could have brought it to work but I like to get the fresh air. 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1 big peach, a few slices of banana, 1/2 tbsp flax, 1/2c frozen berries, 1/2 tbsp of almond butter and lots of ice. So good! I eat it with a spoon, it takes longer and I think it's more fun. This gets me through the rest of the day until I come home for lunch.

2pm: babby carrots and hummus. A big salad with greens, 1/2 c black beans, 1 ounce avocado, 1 tspb dressing, cukes, tomato, mushrooms and blueberries. For protein I tossed on a small serving of tofu. You should have seen this things, HUGE!! It was delicious and I was full halfway through and put the rest in the fridge for later.

Later in the day after studying at home and taking a very short cat-nap I felt my tummy rumble before heading off to an indoor cycle class. Atleast I think it was a hunger pain. Could have been a sleepy craving, I guess. I finished the salad and the rest of Andrew's portion of leftover quiche. I'm not sure I needed all this food. I questioned myself as I ate it, but, it tasted good and I knew it was healthy stuff and would help sustain me through a tough workout.

After class I felt better than usual. I worked super hard and didn't leave famished as I usually do. I was able to clean up and slowly fix dinner without munching all the way through. So, maybe the unplanned quiche fest was a good thing:) I realize part of what I am learning is how to eat for health, energy and happiness without the pressure of counting every calorie.

7:30pm: Trying to eat earlier than we often do. The more time before bed your body has to digest the better it will be at using fat instead of storing it and the easier it is to fall asleep.

We had a dinner salad with herbed greens, a few orange pieces, almond slices, tomato and cuke chunks, all topped with broccoli slaw sauteed with garlic, ginger and a dash of low-sodium soy sauce and 3oz each of seared yellowfin tuna coated in wasabi mustard and spices. Pretty darn good!

Slept well and feel great this morning!!

So far today I've had...

8am: Necturine slices with cinnamon, almond milk and crushed walnuts

11am: 1 egg, 3 egg whites, spinach, broccoli, and shroom scramble. 1/4 c black beans, 1 ounce avocado and a spoonful of hot salsa. (And a cup of french press coffee) a handful of cherries for a treat.

Off for a training ride in Forest Park! Back for lunch. Guess what it'll be?!!

0 comments: