Getting Ready for a Rainy Day

5:03 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

I expected to see pitch black skies this morning and hear pounding rain drops on the roof. The weather folks predicted monster storms from last night until Tuesday. So, what's with this blue sky?! I'm not complaining, of course, just wondering with the deluge will arrive. I can only assume it'll be while I ride my bike to the starting line of this afternoons race!

The pre-race routine is an interesting one. It starts the day after the race and is fairly well outlined until the next race is over. I've got a training program that includes hard training day, easy training day and no training days. This regimine keeps my muscles from forgetting how to pedal and my mind from forgetting how to compete. Yesterday, the day before a race, I spent an hour on the indoor bike focused on getting the 'lead out' of my legs. After a lazy Saturday relaxing around the house it felt like a workout just walking up the steps to the gym. This 'leg openning' ride gets the body ready to ride -- it's like a warm-up for a warm-up.

The other piece is nutrition...

0 comments: