Spicy Carrots and Moroccan Couscous - Side dishes make you look good

9:16 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Spice up your carrots! I love this Moroccan flavor on warm, perfectly steamed veggies. Take a bunch of carrots and chop them into good sized rounds or use baby carrots to simplify like I did. Steam the carrots to perfection - however you like 'em! Then toss the carrots in a mixture of olive oil, about 1 TBSP (or less), 1 clove crushed garlic, 5 or 6 cloves. Sprinkle in 1/2 TBSP Cumin, 1 tsp cayenne, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, a bunch of chopped parsley and/or cilantro and the juice of one whole lemon. Warm this up while you are finishing the rest of dinner. Goes great with 5 Spiced Chicken and Moroccan Couscous. Now only if I could stay up for dessert.

Moroccan Couscous

This dish is really fun becuase there really aren't any rules. Do what you like. Use what you have. Here's my version.

Cook couscous according to directions. I like to cook mine in half water, half broth to add flavor.

Mix with 1/2 cup garbonzo beans (chick peas)

Add raisins, almond slivers, diced green onions, diced red onion. The juice of one orange and fresh mint if you've got it. I didn't have any so I tossed in more cilantro. I mean really how can you use that whole bunch without it going to waste?? Well, here's how.

5 Spiced Chicken, Spiced Carrots and Moroccan Couscous served to friends and family with a bottle of your favorite red:)

0 comments: