Wasabi Encrusted Ginger Glazed Tuna

10:58 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Also called Vacation Tuna!

I was looking for Mahi Mahi and planned to make a similar a recipe with ginger and seasame seeds. Armed with my New Season's gift card from a client for my "seafood fund" I went shopping. No Mahi Mahi. Hmm. Ok, regroup. Halibut? Not for $25 a pound!!! The only wild caught fish was a Tongo Tuna. Oh, it's line-caught, in Hawaii! Perfect! Here's what happened.

1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
1 TBSP Hoisin Sauce
2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TSSP ginger, minced
1 TBSP Wasabi paste

Mix this sauce all up in a big bowl. Drop in the fish. Leave it a little while as you prep the rest of dinner.

I steamed some Chinese long beans. These crazy foot long green beans caught my eye in the produce aisle. Why not?!

You can slice up your own slaw or use a bagged one for speedy easiness. I tossed some broccoli slaw in a skillet and dribbled on some of the marinate for the fish and an extra splash of vinegar. Saute until warm and tender.

We had some wasabi peas leftover in Andrew's snack cupboard that I pounded into dust with a rolling pin. Spread the pea dust on a plate and coat both sides of the tuna.

Heat a large skillet with a little olive oil.

Sear each side on the tuna for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness and how raw you like your tuna.

Serve on top of the slaw with a side of beans.

Two clean plates. Rave reviews. Highly recommended. Enjoy!

0 comments: