Thursday Thoughts Ed. 68 - Bring it IN spring!

8:26 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Why it's a great idea to come inside this spring! 

Walking into my regular Wednesday night spin class it was hard to miss the drop in attendance. For a minute I questioned my resolve.

Finally, the sunnier months and warmer weather seem to be heading our way.  In the Pacific NW, we try not to get too excited when the sun finally shines. But we can't help it! 

Getting outside, breathing in fresh air and enjoying the blooming world around us lifts our gray post-winter spirits. 

I love spending weekend days riding long distances on my bike. Either leisurely touring the city with friends or racing like a mad women through the dirt.

With my busy work week, personal strength training sessions, and seriously scheduled days I don't have the time to suit up and hit the road much during the week. 

So, it's important for me to stick to my guns and hit the gym all year round. 

Here are 3 reasons why....

1. Keeping up with your workout routine is tough enough. The gym provides a regularly scheduled, stable environment to get it done. I know what I need to do, what class I like to take, and I can get a shower after.

2. Working out at the gym is fun and keeps you connected. Home workouts are easily distractable an end up being skimped on or skipped all together. All your buddies at the club are there to motivate and support you. Maybe you'll even meet your next hiking companion.
3. It isn't always sunny. But it's nice and warm in here! Coming in out of the rain, putting on shorts and tee and sweating to great tunes can really brighten a cloudy day. 

And with an established routine, something I do regularly, I know I can skip a day and just go play by the river every once in a while!
Want to be in the best shape for fun this spring and summer?? Try these exercise in the gym to help you be stronger outside!

Hiking this spring? Try weighted step ups for climbing legs. Grab a pair of dumb bells and a step. Focus on strong thighs and buns. 

Swimming at the pool? Back extensions build a strong core. Lying on the floor, contract your tummy muscles and lift your upper body gently off the floor for a few seconds before lowering again.

Playing in a soccer league? Power lunges are where its at! Assume lunge position with one foot in front of the other, switch between sides by pushing off with your legs and jumping of the floor. 

Ready for BBQ season,
Remy

0 comments: