Success! Julie Jo

11:45 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Julie's Success Story

Julie Deal
Registered Nurse

"When I first stepped foot into Northwest Women’s Fitness Club, I was coming out of a horrible couple of years of job changes and depression. I had always been an athletic person, but I was finding things were harder to do than I remembered. I was tired of how I felt and looked. I knew I needed to start getting serious about my exercise and lose some weight, but I was hesitant to join a gym. I hated then, the smells, the intimidating machines, the intimidating people and the lack of support. I always felt like I was just on my own, relying on some knowledge I had gained from swim team training as a kid.
I had a welcome surprise with this gym. There were no funny smells, there were people around asking how my workout was, there were towels to mop up my sweat, and there was an aromatherapy room. I didn’t feel intimidated, I felt welcomed. I felt like I had joined a big family.
I was connected with Remy as my Personal Trainer. I was quite hesitant and nervous about having a personal trainer. I knew that I was out of shape and overweight, but certainly didn’t want anyone pointing that out to me. Remy was a perfect fit. She quickly read right through my hesitations and took things slowly. I didn’t have a fitness goal when I started, just wanted to come to the gym. After working with Remy for a couple of months, she mentions I should do a triathlon. I told her she was crazy, that I didn’t run, haven’t swum in 15+ years, and have a bike that is gathering dust in the garage. She said it didn’t matter, I didn’t have to run, and no one cares about the bike, and reminded me that I know how to swim. Next thing I know, I am running 3 miles, I have purchased a new bike, have gotten back in the water, and am signed up for the Girlfriends and Dudes Triathlon.
Doing that event has opened up a new world for me. I want to do more races and want to continue to improve my fitness. I actually want to go to the gym and miss it when I can’t go. Who would of thought? As one of my friends said while we were running a 5K race in June, “I feel like I’m in an alternate world. You are running!”
I could have never imagined how far I have come and how great I feel today (around 50 lbs lighter)), and I have only Northwest Women’s Fitness Club and Remy to thank for it."


Julie Deal

0 comments: