Long Weekend!

9:24 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

What a glorious Memorial Weekend here in the Northwest! We drove up to the Washington coast through parts of the country I had never seen.  Spectacular scenery!  We spent our days on the beach and returned to our campground in the evenings.  We cooked fresh crab and mussels and devoured our supplies of chips and salsa.  Andrew surfs but I don't so I felt a strong urge to get some exercise of my own.  So, I suited up and enjoyed a peaceful and invigorating run along the beach.  Felt great!  These long, festive weekends can be hard on a healthy lifestyle.  Everyone seems to bring chips! (And then S'mores!) I definitely consumed more sweets and treats than I usually do and moved my body a whole lot less.  The challenge is to allow yourself to relax and enjoy the fun, the food and the people around you without totally derailing your good habits.  And what a challenge it is. My tactic before heading out of town was to pack lots of fruits and veggies and my running shoes. Having these with me allows for some control over what goes in my body and a good old run whenever I feel like it.  My tactic today is to set a healthy and realistic plan for the week.  Load up on tasty greens and lean proteins, lay off the sweets and treats.  Kick up the cardio!  The summer is just beginning and I plan to love every minute of it! 

0 comments: