Walk Away and Write it Down!

7:34 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Greetings blog readers, I'm grateful to have a place to air my triumphs and tribulations. Or more importantly a place to redirect my energies. I was looking forward to a quiet evening at home alone tonight. I worked up a good sweat in spin class and got lots of fresh veggies to fix a super supper stir-fry. I chopped and seasoned and set the dish to steam while I showered. So far so good. Dinner was delicious! I even ate with chop sticks to add to the fun! And then I did the dishes. And then I ate a few carrots. And then a little hummus. And then I looked in the cupboard for pretzels. Luckily I had my husband take them to work with him for just this reason. They call to me:) Ok ok! What gives?! I just finished dinner! Just today I shared with a client my tried and true technique for beating the munchies pull - run away! Or walk! So, I tossed on a pair of flats and walked around the block. Phew. I'm back in the house and at the computer now, not in the kitchen. Yikes. For a minute there I felt a little frantic. I was still a bit wound from my workout and just didn't know what to do with myself after dinner. So I wound up in the kitchen. Does this scenario sound familiar to you? Well, you aren't alone. And I'll tell you the walk away works. I breathed deeply the fresh evening air, commended myself for getting out before it got ugly and pondered the cause. While dinner was good it may not have been satisfying enough. I've been adding healthy fats to my meals this week and feeling good and full for longer. Tonight's stir-fry was pretty slim. I think next time I'll drizzle it with a bit of quality olive oil to give it some staying power and see what happens. I'm making a note of this in my food log. Life is a big old experiment! It sure does feel good to learn how you can do it best. I'm excited to keep on trying!

0 comments: