Triathlon Training

5:17 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

I taught a great spin class on Monday focusing on sprint intervals up big hills. It was tougher than I thought! I intended to take it easy and give my legs a break in preparation for this weekend's Triathlon. But, I just can't! I love to work hard, especially in Spin class. Sprint Triathlons are shorter distances and require less intense training regimes than longer, Olympic or Ironman distances. Than being said training and preparation are very important. What works best for you? Last year I got a horrendous stomach flu the week before and was laid up and barely eating for the few days prior. Not the best way to taper! By race day I felt lighter but well rested and ready to go. This year, so far no flu. It's been a year and I think I'm in better shape. How could I not be, right!? I've been running and riding my bike for a whole year longer! So, I imagine if all goes well, my time should be faster than before. If I was training for an Ironwomen the extra five pounds I carry now could make a difference. I just refuse to imagine that those measly morsels will slow me down! Interesting stuff to think about though as I consider attempting my first Olympic distance this year. Tuesday I took a short 30 minute run and a 30 minute bike ride. Today I took a wonderful Hatha Yoga class taught by my friend and co-worker Alissa. I need to do that more often. Tonight, Andrew and I are taking a jog before heading out to dinner, drinks and a pool game or two. (Competitiveness runs in the family:) Tomorrow I'm planning a morning swim and maybe an short jog before work. Then...finally the rest days! I'm going to TRY to take Friday and Saturday OFF. Which means I'll most likely take a jog/walk or short ride at some point. I just need to move! We'll be attending a wedding on Saturday in Hood River so I'll have to refrain from boozing it up but I will enjoy the buffet! To training! Here goes~

0 comments: