Saturday Sweetness

6:23 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 1 Comments

Not much better than this. Feeling so blissed out I just had to write about it. We had a wild Friday night for us - out 'til midnight! The OBRA Cyclocross kick off party at Upper Escehlon Fitness was a blast. We arrived too late for the raffle but in plenty of time enjoy the free beer and talk bikes and racing with old friends and new ones. It's truly invigorating to connect with people you've never met in a unique and exciting way. After that we headed to the Holocene dance club to party it up for a friends birthday. Not much of a dancer I can either hate or love being tossed out on the floor. Last night - I liked it. The beats pumped and hips gyrated! I even discovered a new dance move! I think I called it the Space Invader. So much fun! And what a workout!

10am was a fine time to wake up today. After a leisurely walk in the neighborhood and big ol'breakfast Andrew and I drove out to Alpenrose dairy to pre-ride the course we will be racing on tomorrow afternoon. Smartest thing I've done today. Oh boy, we are in for a heck of a ride. Two sets of barriers to jump over, one massive hill, lots of tight corners, a field of cow patties and a set of cement stairs. Sometimes 45 minutes seems like an eternity and sometimes it just flys by - never know until you're in it.

The annual Greek Festival is raging across the street. Baklava and pastries make for great pre and post race treats. Really! Before the drizzle started I enjoyed a warm spinach pie and some fresh Greek salad. Now, the couch. My man is asleep next to me. The din of football fills the living room. Sounds of children high on loukamades float in from the street. I'm perfectly happy sitting here with a cat in my lap, sipping glass of light beer and planning my attack!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic article! loving all of their unique sense of style. Thanks for the posting.


    Sample Assessments

    ReplyDelete