Black Diamond XTERRA

2:28 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

RACE #1 --- Black Diamond XTERRA

Soaking in the sun. Pre race beach time. Next stop pre-race Pizza!

Rock n roll Pizza!

A little different that our usual but Hey, When in Federal Way.....



I'm ready for this. No photos from the swim but it was pretty rad. Water was a warm 72 degrees. The group of us swam 1/2 mile out to a mini-island where race volunteers ushered us across a padded mat over the island (about 30 feet) and then back into the lake heading to shore, another 1/2 mile.

Switcheroo. Swim to bike.

My whole body is aching. Arms, hands, quads, ouch! How the heck am i supposed to run a 10k after this craziness?!?!

No clue. You just do. I'd post the photos from the run but I make it look really hard. You'd never want to do a race like this if you saw the the sheer pain on my face. Oh, ok, fine....But, really, it ain't pretty.

RESULT: 5th Overall Women. 1st in my Age Group. Happy as can be!!!

0 comments: