Making the most of it, Monday.

11:45 AM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Yesterday I woke up with a renewed sense/need to get my ass in gear.

This holiday season was festive to the max.  Thank you to all my dear clients and friends who gifted me the delicious bottles of red wine. You know what I like. I finally polished off the last of it last night, with help, of course.

So, now it's back to reality.

When training for triathlon racing wine must be reserved for weekend nights, or the random Wednesday and limited to 1 or 2 glasses tops.

Also, cheese and crackers, the worlds simplest and tastiest appetizers do not a good meal make. Skip it, Remy. Eat dinner.

There is a ringing in my ears and it sounds like my coaches, "You need to work on your core." Ugh! I will ride a bike and lift weights 'til the cows come home but working my abs, back and center body strength takes serious dedication.

Fine. Starting yesterday I added a few little goals and plans to my to-do list. The wine, the core and the cheese. All the while, looking on the bright side (see post on positivity).

Heading up to teach my regular Monday night Indoor Cycle class last night, I realized what a great resource I had ahead of me, a room full of women to help keep my accountable, like I do for them. Microphone on, I told them all my resolutions, revelations and plans. We launched a plan check in once a week to keep it real. They share there goals/success/struggles and I share mine.

It's time. I've got a couple extra pounds of holiday happiness I need to turn into power. Evening's glass of wine shall turn into morning's super smoothie. Snacks will look like salads. You will see me on the weight room floor daily grimacing on the swiss ball.

Habit change like this needs guidelines. And flexibility built in. For example: Date night mid week? Enjoy it and stay in on Friday. Can't get to the gym? Do 50 crunches before your shower.

There are two and a half weeks until the 1st of February.  By Groundhog Day I will have made progress - and I won't be looking back, no shadow here, onward!

0 comments: