It's all about the WHY

8:15 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments


Here's a message I wrote for the Spring Challenge at NW Women's Fitness Club. I was inspired by my amazing clients and all the hard work they just keeping giving, my own struggle to push through when its gets tough and a thought from my coach B.H., (thanks for the title idea). Although the message is penned for the Challenge members, the message is meant for all of us. 

I'd love to hear your WHY....

It’s all about the WHY.

Were you totally pumped for the Challenge last week? Did you kick it into high-gear yesterday and get excited to get your sweat on? And then today did you wake up less than stoked to lace up your sneakers and head to the gym?

How can we go from super committed to flat-line unenthused overnight?

The secret is Motivation and to be motivated we need a few stars to align: According to experts the top factors to make us commit to something are: how rewarding it is (We’ve got prizes!), how irksome or painful it is (Spin class is fun!), and how much care, concern, money and effort you invest in it (You're already signed up!)

Truly, it’s all about the WHY.
Not sure what that is for you? Let’s figure that out.

#1: Discover your real reason. Your WHY.

Ask yourself a couple of questions: Why did I join the Challenge? Why did I REALLY join the challenge? That answer will give you the clarity and focus to keep going all the way to the end.

I have an incredibly committed client who has done a world of good for her heath over the last six months - lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol level and less pain! But she couldn’t quite summon the steam to tackle pushing a little further to lose weight and up the intensity of her workouts. That is until her “ah ha” moment when she realized this “good place” she was in wouldn’t last without effort as she gets older. Wanting to be strong and active for her kids for years and years gave her the WHY to keep going and work even harder to get what she wants out of life.


#2: Go ahead and QUIT, tomorrow.

Are you struggling to meet you fitness and wellness goals? Go ahead and quit. Just do it tomorrow.

It takes hard work to reach some goals. And on the way it’s very tempting to just say, “Oh, this is too much!” “I can’t win the push-up challenge, I’m not trying!” “I can’t run that far.” Ugggghhhhh.

How do you go on? Quit. Later.

Here’s the deal: Every little choice we make is overwhelmingly decided by our current mood. And you know how inconsistent that can be! Every choice also has the potential to become a habit. It’s these habits that shape who we are in the end.

My best advice: Do the opposite of what you mind tells you to do. “This sucks, I’m stopping” means “Dang this is hard, I’m going to try and go until the end of this song and maybe one more.”

Bet you go for one more after that.

#3 Control your Fear

If you are afraid that you can't do it - whatever it is, you’re not alone. I’m with you. I’ve been told a million times the only way to fail is not to try, but that’s a hard lesson to learn. Trouble is, it’s true! Not many people are actually comparing themselves to YOU. Probably no one, except you (sorry). You don’t have to be the strongest, do the most push ups, or win the race. All you have to do is keep going. Get through it. Get it done. That’s a PRIZE!

We all think about getting hurt, about falling short, about looking silly. Maybe, just to be sure, you’re waiting for the PERFECT moment. It’s now. Trust me.

Find your way through.

0 comments: