Mornings Made Easy

5:16 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

I get up at 4:30 am and need my mornings to run smoothly and easily before the sun comes up. I get my clothes ready the night before and set the coffee pot to brew. I try to spend the start of each day writing and setting my mind and body up to face the day as strong and steady as possible. A big part of getting off on the best foot is Breakfast - my favorite meal of the day! I've made the inevitable switch from chilly summer smoothies to wintery weather warmers. So, here's another super easy, low-fat, high energy, make ahead meal. This recipe comes from Kathy, a fellow trainer, and is my breakfast for the week.

Set oven to 350. Combine in big bowl the following ingredients and feel free to add your own favorite veggies and meats.

Shapeshifters Crustless Quiche

6 Eggs
3 cup Eggs Beaters
1/4 nonfat dry milk - to firm up dish (optional)
2 cup Spinach fresh or frozen (frozen adds liquid and can make a runnier casserole)
2 oz diced prosciutto (or ham, turkey, turkey bacon)
1/4c shredded parmesan or low-fat feta
Pepper to taste

Line a baking pan with parchment paper running up the sides of the dish to get these suckers out more easily. Mix all ingredients except for the cheese in a big bowl and pour into the pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the quiche looks puffy and firm and not wet. Let it sit out of the oven for a few minutes to cool and firm up even more before cutting into 12 even squares. Each serving is about 100 calories; 4 grams of fat; 3 grams carbohydrate and 12 grams of protein. Delicious, nutritious and so easy to make!

Enjoy!


0 comments: