Airport Food, Yuck

9:57 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

We're heading South early in the morning. Luckily, I'm almost used to getting up at 4am! The flight from PDX to Houston is a long one and I hope to sleep through most of it. You know they don't feed you like they used to on airplanes - four mini pretzels just won't cut it and neither will a bagel covered in cream cheese. I don't want to start our holiday feeling weighed down and sluggish so I'm planning ahead. I have an apple and two tangelos in my purse - easily transportable snacks! My favorite on-the-go breakfast is a peanut butter ThinkThin bar. They taste great and have enough carbs, fat and protein to satisfy and keep me full for hours.
Once we get through security I'll buy the largest bottle of water I can find. Water, water, water is the best way to feel like yourself when the plane lands - even if it means squeezing down the aisle and into the tiny lavoritory several times - it's worth it. In Houston I'll look for someplace to grab a light lunch. No need for much more since I'm not moving much in flight. We've got enough of a lay-over to walk the terminal several times and stretch. (I've been spotted doing push-ups and crunches in a quite corner - every little bit helps)
We land in Nashville at dinner time and I am looking forward to a great evening with our family! I'll keep in touch and let you know how the week goes. The weather forecast looks perfect for morning runs and evening walks. I plan on coming home feeling good and refreshed. I'm going to exercise when I can, enjoy my favorite holiday treats and nurture myself in every way.

0 comments: