What a Ride!

2:20 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

Awesome weekend! Started Saturday with a delicious sleep-in before heading to race in the OBRA Cyclocross Championship. I was, as always, happy to see the morning fog turn into something almost sunny by early afternoon. I love to ride a muddy course but I must admit I dislike riding in the rain. The race started off a bit shaky, really, I fell over standing still on my bike in the parking lot. It didn't get much better as I fell and fell again on my first lap around the course. But, it did make me mad. And by mad I mean putting on my serious race face! I told myself I was going to leave it all on the course and I meant it -- but not in a crash! Hill climb by hill climb I worked my way to a 2nd place finish. It was well worth the frigid wait to take the podium laughing and cheering in the parking lot with the other winners. Such fun!

0 comments: