When one kiss turns into...

9:34 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

At the hospital all day while Andrew had his ACL repaired. I woke up to my usual Friday early morning alarm to check him in for surgery at 5:30 am. I sipped coffee and nibbled a contraband protein bar in a waiting room surrounded by tired fasting patients. The Dr.s took A. away sometime before 8am and sent me off with a pager and a vague idea of when I was expected to return. What to do!? I reschedule all my clients for the day and didn't want to go back home. I had no idea how the day would unfold. Prepared with my sneakers in the car and already dressed in sweats I hesitated only a moment before bolting out of the sliding doors and out into the chilly early day. Checking my watch and phone every five minutes I jogged for 15 minutes to a buzzing Starbucks and decided it was a perfect day to treat myself to a coffee with whip cream! (this is my idea of cafe indulgence...a grande drip with a dollup of whip! yum!) Reinvigorated by caffine, sugar and a brightening sky I took a longer route back to the waiting room. I felt pretty good by the time I made it back to the hospital lobby when I realized I had another three or four hours to wait. Not in the mindset to get much work done, loaded on morning sweets I settled in with the paper and a pen to do the days crossword. It wasn't long until I wondered into the gift shop looking for something...what is it?! Chocolate, candy, something! Here we go. I coughed up 65 cents for a tootsie roll, two Andes candies, a dark chocolate kiss and a Godiva truffle. Ah. Somehow it seemed justified. I mean I had squeezed in an impromptu run!

Even though I've been here before I am still amazed by the control sugar and sweets have over my mind and my mood!



PS> I'm having a harder time justifying the cup of hot cocoa, peanut butter cookie, and cocktail I just finished.

0 comments: