Stress Busting

5:42 PM Remy Maguire - Manifest the Best 0 Comments

This weekend was carefree, simple fun.  No big thrills, no long car trips, no stress.  Nothing was planned and it all worked out perfectly - bike rides, sushi, sunshine and friends.  The weekdays can be another beast all together.  So, Sunday evening I sat down at the table to make a plan and preemptively bust some stress! You never know what exactly the wild week will bring but you've got an idea.  I begin by outlining my work schedule: appointment and meetings, first.  Then, I fill in time dedicated to other "work things" like returning emails, developing new programs and writing.  Then, exercise - the old fashioned and thankfully, in-fashion stress reliever -  a little everyday.  I try to get my body moving and heart pumping daily.  I try to mix things up to keep my body and mind challenged and entertained.   Monday: Outdoor bootcamp and 30-60 mins of steady cardio.  Tuesday: a challenging interval cardio routine like an indoor cycle class.  Wednesday: Rest (Which may mean a long walk, or a jog, or a hike, or a movie) Thursday: A long jog to Mt. Tabor to run stairs - this is a tough day! Friday: More strength training and 30-60 mins of cardio.  To-do lists range from work projects and daily exercise to designing a new vision board and picking up a good book from the library.  I am also sure to add some designated fun time!  Happy hour on Wed? Ladies night watching terrible t.v. and gossiping? Or a bike ride to the community garden and a bbq! I feel good and ready to face the week knowing that I've done all I can to prepare for the expected - and also knowing that everything else I can handle!

0 comments: